Disappointments and Excitement

This week has been a little up and down for Kacey and I. We found out this week that we will not be going to Phoenix for at least another six months. This is a huge disappointment but life goes on.

Seeing as we will be here in the Denver area for a while, we decided that it is worth it to move into a bigger apartment. And.... WE FOUND ONE! We are both REALLY excited about it. When we were originally looking for a place to call home we fell in love with an apartment complex called The Estates at Tanglewood. Well... August is in the peak of moving season and the rent there was OUTRAGEOUS!!! But seeing a it is not moving season, rent is down. And luckily, the Estates is an Equity Residential property, just like the one we are currently living in. This means that we can transfer without breaking our lease! Therefore, Kacey and I now have a move-in date of April 20!!!!! All we are waiting on is our application to go through, which shouldn't be a problem seeing as we are currently residents and our credit has improved since we've gotten married and I've taken care of the finances.

Needless to say, we are ECSTATIC! It is another 3rd floor apartment, which I don't really like but I can live with it just fine. It is 975 square feet, has black appliances, and cherry wood cabinets. I'm really excited that it has a laundry room! It only has one bedroom but it also has a study (which I guess could be used as a bedroom... but the doors are glass). It also has 2 patios/balconies. They are both rather small but they are usable. One is right off the bedroom and the other is off the dining room. and it has a COAT CLOSET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I never thought I could be so excited about a stupid little closet! Oh and speaking about closets.... the master closet is big enough for us to put our bed in.... IT'S A KING SIZE BED!! Can you tell I'm excited to finally have enough room for both my and Kacey's clothes?

This is a HUGE change from our current 687 square foot apartment we are now in, with our washer and dryer in the kitchen, and our computer in the dining room, and closet so filled with stuff that you can't even walk in it.

Here is a picture of our new floor plan.
Photobucket

We think this will be a very worthwhile move for us!

Karen Croft  – (March 25, 2009 at 11:46 PM)  

Dang!! I wish you were moving out here sooner. You keep pushing it back and we will have to leave before you get here!
Love you!

Kelsey  – (March 26, 2009 at 12:31 PM)  

its not me pushing it back! i would have been out there yesterday if it were up to me

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP