First Week of 2011

The first week of 2011 has been pretty relaxed for the most part.  Kacey is working at Best Buy and found out this week that they are keeping him on.  Kacey and I were both hired on as seasonal temporary workers and have both been hired on as permenant.  Which is a HUGE releif.  We're barely making enough to get by without our student loans but we are making it!  Such a blessing!  I was recently promoted to FES (front end supervisor) at Michaels!  I'm excited about it.  It's not much of a pay increase but it is a lot more hours.  I'm going from working maybe 12 hours a week to working at least 20 a week.  Kacey somehow has a knack for taking other people's shifts at work.  He's been scheduled on average about 15 hours a week and usually ends up working 30+ with all the shifts he works for people.

Kacey and I are both finding ourselves with a lot of free time because we are not in school until April.  I have picked up another hobby/craft that I've been wanting to do since I was in high school.  KNITTING!  I've had a Knifty Knitter for quite a while and have made this with it.
Photobucket
It's a shawl/scarf.
The other day I got bored enough to pick up my knitting books that I've had for a LONG time and figure out how to knit using the needles.  And I found that it really isn't all that hard!  I think the hardest part is keeping count of my stiches.
Photobucket
Kacey has me working on a blanket.  I started it and realized that I didn't have the right sized needles so I ordered the right ones online and am waiting for them to come so I can start over.
I've also done quite a few more scrapbook pages.  I've gotten pretty far behind on them and now I have the time to catch up.  I'm really glad I have this blog because it helps me remember what we've done and what to scrapbook.

Anyway, that's all for now!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP