Large Update

It's been nearly 6 months since I've put any updates on my blog. So this may be rather long winded.  There are a lot of details that I've probably forgotten but I will do my best.

The last weekend in June, Kacey's parents came out to see us in Rexburg.  Kacey was really excited to show then around.  He wanted to take them caving and find the Ice Caves that we'd failed to find earlier.  We were in the truck for a good 2 hours getting nowhere it seemed.  Turns out we did find the Ice Caves but didn't know it.  LaDawn was still getting over her borken leg and couldn't do too much climbing anyway.  But, here's a couple pictures from the adventure.

The next weekend, I was able to go home to Colorado.  My best friend, Erika, was getting married on July 2nd.  It was a beautiful wedding and I was really happy I was able to make it.  Here are a couple pictures I got.
On the 4th, I went to see fireworks with my mom.  I wanted to try doing some long exposures with my camera.  The fireworks ended up being partially blocked by some trees but I still got some pretty good shots. Next year I'll be sure to get a better spot for firworks and get even better ones.
At the end of the month, Kacey and I left Rexburg for Utah!  We took the cars down about a week ahead of time.  The only pictures I got of the move were from loading Kacey's car onto the trailer.
On August 6th we moved into our new apartment at Pleasant Springs Apartments in Pleasant Grove, Utah. Kacey's aunt and cousins were generous enough to help us unload the truck.  It was a huge help!  This apartment is quite large.  2 bedrooms 2 bathrooms and 993 sq feet.  And the best part is... FIRST FLOOR!!!!  Here's the floor plan.
Before school started Kacey and I took a drive up to Squaw Peak at sunset.  I got this picture of it.  It was really nice to see because Idaho didn't seem to have too many pretty sunsets.
Kacey and I started school at BYU in September.  We're both enrolled full time and enjoy it here much more than in Idaho.  We're very busy and have found that the classes require a lot more than the classes in Idaho did.
My mom came to visit us shortly after school started.  She brought Maddy along with her.  It was really great to see them!  Here is a picture I took of my mom while she was here.
Kacey has taken up a little wood working since we're moved here.  He's built us each a shelf and is currently working on a night stand for me.  He is really proud of himself and he's done a really good job.  Here's a couple pictures.
My birthday came in October.  Kacey and my mom went in together and got me a telephoto lense for my camera and a back pack for my camera stuff as well.  Kacey took me up the canyon to take some pictures with my new toy.  Here are a couple of my favorites.
I also quit Michaels in October.  I started working for Best Buy with Kacey.  I am a sales person in the Portable Electronics department which includes MP3, Digital Imaging, and Car Audio.  I like it and I really enjoy working with the cameras.
 
On November 1st, I decided I was going to try to loose the weight that I've gained since Kacey and I got married.  Currently I've lost 13 pounds and about 2 inches.  My clothes are getting a little big and my pants tend to fall down most of the time.  It makes me smile really.
 
Since Kacey and I both work for Best Buy (retail) we are and were unable to go home for any holidays.  We went to Kacey's grandmother's house for Thanksgiving.  Kacey's Uncle David, his wife and his wife's parents from Romania were there was well.  It was nice to meet some more of Kacey's family.  On the way to dinner we saw this on the side of the road.
Kacey and I both worked Black Friday.  I got to open the store and had to be at work at 11:30 on Thanksgiving in order to open the store at midnight.  It was probably the most crazy day I've ever had.  I worked a 13 hour shift.  Kacey came in a half hour before I left and had to close the store.
Thus is our life in Utah... much better than in Idaho.






Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP