Last few Moments of 2011

Since my last post, life has gone on.  Finals ended on December 16 and our two and a half week break began.  Somehow, I managed to pull 2 As and 3 Bs.  Kacey didn't fair so well but he passed ALL of his classes, which means he DOES NOT have to take calculus over again!  Such a relief!

Even with school being out, we have not had much downtime since the Holiday Shopping Season officially started on Black Friday.  Kacey and I have both been pulling a lot of hours working for Best Buy.  It's kind of sad really... we were both excited for Christmas until we had to deal with all the holiday shoppers.  To make things a little worse, money is ALWAYS tight in December when the school semester ends.  Added stress around the Holidays is never a good thing.

Christmas decorations didn't even make out of the box this year :-/ ... oh well.

Then, on top of all that work and money worrying, my car decided it would be a good idea to leak anti-freeze... an unexpected $350 repair bill later... the car runs fine.
 (we did learn what the other lights on my dash were for as well.  my engine light has been on forever and we knew that was for the catalytic converter... not a big deal until i have to have an emissions test in July/August 2013.  the other one is my traction control light... been on for a while but thought nothing of it... turns out it's a $700 sensor that makes my traction control work... that is not going to get fixed anytime soon if at all)

My mom came for Christmas and I was SO excited!  Kacey picked her up from the airport because I had to work but I got to spend Christmas Eve and Christmas with her.  She didn't mind that our tree wasn't up and our stockings weren't hung.  She didn't even mind our sink full of dirty dishes (we tried to get things cleaned up before she got here but that didn't quite work out).  Mom stocked up our cupboards and just made me feel relaxed.

On Christmas Eve, I convinced Kacey to drive my mom and me around to look at lights.  This was our favorite house. The picture isn't the greatest but it was taken out my truck window and I wasn't about to set up a tripod.

Christmas Day was pretty uneventful.  We just hung around the house and ate WAY too much food.  My mom made a toffee cake in the morning with sausage and then we opened the few gifts we had.  Kacey and I had no secrets this year.  Kacey got some video games and some movies he wanted and I got a new lens (50mm f/1.8) and tripod for my camera.  My mom also brought some random odds and ends and the traditional gift of socks.  I spent a little while playing with my new lens (which I'm pretty much in love with).

 My mom went home on Monday and I cried while work because I didn't want her to go.  My shift overlapped with Kacey's so my mom just came to work with me and just having her in the store was difficult when I knew she was leaving.  I felt like an idiot and I would have been fine if my co-workers would have stopped asking me if I was okay.  I'm such a baby when it comes to my mom.

A few days later on Wednesday the 28th, Kacey's parents rolled into town.  They only stopped in for a few minutes that night to drop off Ebony.  I'm so EXCITED to have her back!  She fell victim to my new lens the next day.

She and the cat have had an interesting time getting to know each other.  Ebony doesn't seem to care that the cat is even there but the cat sure doesn't like Ebony.  It's getting better though.  And yes, the cat (Steele, as Kacey has finally decided) got a picture too.

We've seen Kacey's parent's ever day since they've been here and it's been nice.  Kacey went shooting with his dad, uncle, and grandpa while LaDawn and I spent the day out and about on the town (mostly combing through 3 different Robert's craft stores that are closing).

Today, New Year's Eve, Kacey's parents took us to a BYU Basketball game.  It's the first sporting event Kacey and I have been too since moving here.  It was a lot of fun even though I've had the same headache for 3 days now (luckily only sudden changes in light is bothering me and not noise).  I hope Kacey and I get to attend more events like this.

Well, 2011 is ending in almost them same way it began.  It started with me watching TV in our bedroom and Kacey watching TV in the living room of our Rexburg apartment.  This time, Kacey is in the bedroom and I am on the computer in the office of our Pleasant Grove, UT apartment.  Hopefully, 2012 is just as good and better than 2011 was.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP